Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Getting ready to leave Holland


10 days left…
With the Dutch flag and 16 years in Holland behind me, new adventures are about to begin! September 1st I sold my beloved chiropractic clinic. Also I sold most of my furniture. It was not an easy decision to leave Holland and only time will show if was the right one. I am leaving behind a lot of what I built up in Wassenaar the past 10 years. Friendships and experience will last but everything else I leave behind. However my soul has been restless for a while and I am longing for new adventures; the dormant globe trotter in me wants to be awakened.
Some people say I am courageous; others probably think it is midlife crisis. All I know is I have to make this step at this point in life to find a place I want to settle. But first I will travel to Fiji, Australia, New Zealand and Bali while enjoying the freedom of not having any obligations. I will take a well-deserved six months break.
It is a big step and I sometimes feel I am about to jump off a cliff blindfolded. But I am not blindfolded and this whole process is thought through many times. I will jump, spread out my wings and let the wind carry me. But contrary to my trip in 1982 when I bought a one-way ticket to India with little direction in life, I now have a few more years of experience and hopefully I will find direction as I go.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Buddy! Strange to see you posing in front of a Dutch flag. Knowing you, one would expect to see a Danish one... Have fun and enjoy your trip! Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lene,
    prepare yourself to be surprised tomorrow (wednesday) at an unexpected moment! : )
    Fare-Well-gifts come in all kinds and shapes.
    Good night! Kai

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad we had time for our lunch today even though you had such a hectic schedule. I will be following your blog religiously. Enjoy every minute and dive in head first.
    Love
    Yoff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear Lady! thoroughly enjoyed your first''report'of the magic journey you are untaking at this very moment. Thinking of you!
    Wish you many hartwarming/healing experiences the coming days. bye for,xx Caroline

    ReplyDelete